Adult learning is not about gimmicks, exams or fancy technology. In fact these expensive approaches frighten people and get in the way of learning.
Adults must learn to learn.
They learn best when they embark on a journey of guided discovery, through which they make sense of the new reality or required skill set.
- Make the process engaging and active
- Lead them through an actual experience
- Respect what they already know
- Give them responsibility
- Review their errors and their triumphs
- Then top up what they’ve learnt with your guidance and expertise
The result is a series of "eureka" moments. They get it!